We have an exciting opportunity for a switched on Content Editor to join our new Content Agency, Daresay!
As a Content Editor at Daresay, you will be responsible for conceptualising, creating and executing effective content marketing outputs for our clients. As a Content Editor, you will advise on editorial strategy and act as the content editor on a daily basis. You will oversee all aspects of the editorial process, including topic generation, the commissioning and editing of content as well as advising on how results should be used to inform content plans moving forwards.
You will have a solid understanding of content marketing and its role in the wider marketing mix alongside a proven ability in delivering engaging content programs for clients. You’ll enjoy dealing with clients and senior stakeholders and be able to build solid client relationships. You will support the content offering across the agency group (The Works, On Message and RXP) as well as taking responsibility for developing key KPIs for client campaigns alongside internal teams (including social, production, design and strategy), and work closely with third party agencies and a range of client stakeholders in order to achieve them.
Manage editorial production
- Create and manage editorial schedules, working with contributors, sub-editors and clients to ensure the prompt delivery of content
- Research, commission and edit tailored online content across a variety of platforms
- Provide support for client workshops, training and briefing sessions
- Work with new and existing clients to help optimise and/or create editorial strategies that increase content performance
- Go deep on understanding a client’s segment, becoming the champion of the content themes, formats and headlines that will make them stand out.
- Manage editorial project timelines to ensure all content is delivered on time, on budget and meets agreed objectives.
Offer strategic insight and direction
- Develop comprehensive editorial strategies, including all relevant documentation and implementation tactics
- Work with clients to determine how they can best use content in all formats to meet their objectives
- Use a range of research tools and methodologies to develop strategic roadmaps that lead to business growth
- Have a clear understanding of how wider digital marketing strategies are developed and their importance to content marketing
- Work with social media strategists to devise content amplification strategies
- Articulate current and emerging trends in content marketing, demonstrating an ability to identify and enhance opportunities to engage in online content and media marketing
Client Project Management
- Work to retain and grow existing clients
- Become an extension of the client’s team, joining or hosting weekly WIPs and monthly reviews
- Work with the new business teams to provide information regarding best practice within the editorial discipline and facilitate new business opportunities with existing clients
- Manage editorial content budgets, including POs and supplier invoices, working closely with the head of content to manage project profitability.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar role, ideally from an agency background (other applicants meeting the above criteria will still be considered)
- Proven ability to manage all aspects of the online editorial process, from planning and strategy through to execution, moderation and analysis
- Proven ability to write and edit content in a variety of formats and topic areas
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability and passion for building strong relationships with clients and key stakeholders. Basic understanding of digital marketing principles and implementation, SEO knowledge and advantage.
- Solid understanding of social media platforms and the role of social media in content amplification